Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (surname): Hibbard
- (rare) A male given name from the Germanic languages.
- 1987, Barbara Vine, A Fatal Inversion, →ISBN, pages 48-49:
- 'An old family name,' he told his wife, though this was not true at all, his uncle's being thus christened having been an isolated instance of the use of Hilbert. There had been a fashion in the late nineteenth century for Germanic names and his uncle, born in 1902, had caught the tail end of it.
'I don't like that at all,' his wife had said. 'People will think it's really Gilbert or Albert. I don't want him teased, poor baby.'
- A surname originating as a patronymic.
- a male given name
- son of Hilbert: Hilbertsson
- daughter of Hilbert: Hilbertsdóttir