- A city in southern Poland, capital of Silesian Voivodeship.
1848, The New Central European Observer, volume 2, page 117:
- Any English traveller approaching Katowice will be strongly reminded of Lancashire.
1922, United States Department of Commerce, Commerce Reports, volume 3, page 47:
- Trains from Warsaw to Vienna now go by the shorter route from Warsaw to Katowice instead of via Cracow.
2006, Valentina Croci, The New Europe, volume 76, page 104:
- On visiting Katowice in southwest Poland, Jeremy Melvin met up with Archistudio, the architects of a substantial new judicial precinct that is due for completion in 2008.
city in Poland
- City in southern Poland, capital of Silesian Voivodeship.
declension of Katowice