Jump to navigation Jump to search
See also: lucius
- A male given name from Latin; rather rare in English.
- 1611, The Holy Bible, […] (King James Version), London: […] Robert Barker, […], OCLC 964384981, Acts 13:1:
- Now there were in the church that was at Antioch certain prophets and teachers; as Barnabas, and Simeon that was called Niger, and Lucius of Cyrene, and Manaen, which had been brought up with Herod the tetrarch, and Saul.
- 2012, Dan Hassler-Forest, Capitalist Superheroes: Caped Crusaders in the Neoliberal Age, John Hunt Publishing (→ISBN)
- In one of the film's most discussed scenes, Bruce Wayne reveals to Lucius Fox (played by Morgan Freeman) that he has modified his “sonar cell phone technology” to create a device that will allow him to listen in on all of Gotham City[...]
male given name
- (praenominal abbreviation): L.
- (Classical) IPA(key): /ˈluː.ki.us/, [ˈɫ̪uːkiʊs̠]
- (Ecclesiastical) IPA(key): /ˈlu.t͡ʃi.us/, [ˈluːt͡ʃius]
- A masculine praenomen.
1Found in older Latin (until the Augustan Age).