Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- (slang) McDonald's, a chain of fast-food restaurants.
1996, Francine Rivers, The Scarlet Thread, page 417:
- Clanton and Carolyn made no complaints, but she could tell they would have preferred a Mickey D to her festive efforts. The best thing about the turkey was the skin.
1997, Tony Chiu, Positive Match, page 110:
- Tejada quickly sobered them: "How much a cow weigh after Mickey D be through with him?
2003, Robert K. Tanenbaum, Absolute Rage, page 13:
- […] the local metropolis, population twelve thousand, a Mickey D, three gas stations, and a Bi-Lo […].
2006, Elizabeth Whitmer, Aloha Rainbow, page 154:
- Damn thing even promised free Mickey D chicken salad coupons for filling out questionnaires.