Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- (biblical) Sixth son of Jacob, by his wife's handmaid Bilhah.
- (biblical) One of the Israelite tribes, descended from Naphtali.
- A male given name
- 1611 — King James Version of the Bible, Genesis 35:22b-26
- Now the sons of Jacob were twelve: 23 The sons of Leah; Reuben, Jacob's firstborn, and Simeon, and Levi, and Judah, and Issachar, and Zebulun: 24 The sons of Rachel; Joseph, and Benjamin: 25 And the sons of Bilhah, Rachel's handmaid; Dan, and Naphtali: 26 And the sons of Zilpah, Leah's handmaid; Gad, and Asher: these are the sons of Jacob, which were born to him in Padan-aram.
- 1611 — King James Version of the Bible, Joshua 21:6
- And the children of Gershon had by lot out of the families of the tribe of Issachar, and out of the tribe of Asher, and out of the tribe of Naphtali, and out of the half tribe of Manasseh in Bashan, thirteen cities.
sixth son of Jacob