Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
They were originally thought to feed by suction.
- A taxonomic subclass within the phylum Ciliophora—ciliates which become sessile in their developed stage and then lose their redundant cilia. They feed by extracellular digestion..
- (genus): Protozoa - kingdom; Biciliata - subkingdom; Neozoa - infrakingdom; Alveolata - superphylum; Ciliophora - phylum; Intramacronucleatanbsp;- subphylum; Phyllopharyngea - class
- Suctoria on Wikipedia.Wikipedia
- Suctoria on Wikispecies. Wikispecies
- Suctoria on Wikimedia Commons. Wikimedia Commons
- Suctoria at World Register of Marine Species
- Suctoria on Integrated Taxonomic Information System.
- Suctoria at Encyclopedia of Life
- Suctoria at National Center for Biotechnology Information