Talk:foot feed

Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
Jump to: navigation, search
Green check.svg

This entry has survived Wiktionary's verification process.

Please do not re-nominate for verification without comprehensive reasons for doing so.

No such thing; lists Urban Dict. as the reference, therefore delete? --Connel MacKenzie 22:23, 6 October 2006 (UTC)

I think this one is right. I seem to recall using that term many years ago, and I found this among the 13,000 google hits:
"Soon after the Model T. Ford came on the market in Chickasaw County, Ford came out with a 'newfangled' invention, then called a foot-feed—later called an accelerator—which could be installed in the floorboard and used to feed gas into the carburetor rather than using the lever on the right side of the steering column." —Stephen 04:24, 7 October 2006 (UTC)
Removed the un-reference. DAVilla 04:32, 7 October 2006 (UTC)
My grandfather always referred to it as the foot feed. Rfvpassed. Andrew massyn 06:38, 11 November 2006 (UTC)

From my Iowa childhood of the 1950s & 1960s, I recall "foot feed" as a common term for a car's "gas pedal".