Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
Earliest Usenet uses via Google Groups:
- future-proof: comp.windows.x - 15 Apr 1988 by Robert Dingler
- NeWS will supersede X in the long term due to its more abstract device with higher functionality and arbitrarily high spatial and color resolution, its "future-proof"
- future proof: comp.sys.atari.st - 28 Jul 1988 by "Steve_Cobrin.SBDERX"
- I also want to (as much as possible) future proof my monitor purchase.
- future-proofing: comp.parallel - 26 Jul 1989 by Operator
- The design of STRAND88 and the implementation techniques employed allow applications written in STRAND88 to migrate to the latest generation of hardware without re-programming effort giving the benefit of "future-proofing".
- future-proofed: comp.windows.ms.programmer - 31 Dec 1991 by Matt SAETTLER
- The main advantage of RIFF is its extensibility; file formats based on RIFF can be future-proofed, as format changes can be ignored by existing applications.
- future proofs: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.adventure - 1 Dec 1995 by Graeme J. Devine
- Regarding 24bpp, that really future proofs 11th Hour.
— Hippietrail 03:21, 21 Apr 2005 (UTC)