Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
Jump to: navigation, search

From RFV[edit]


This is described as being UK-only, but I believe it is used outside of the UK as well, e.g. Singapore ([1]) and Australia ([2]). —This comment was unsigned.

I have changed the template to the standard {{alternative spelling of|}}. -- Beobach972 02:16, 17 April 2007 (UTC)
Wouldn't something indicating "non-North America" be more appropriate? --Connel MacKenzie 06:19, 17 April 2007 (UTC)
Musing on the use of (US) and (UK), a wonder if we could get away with (US-influenced) and (UK-influenced)? It's truthful, though perhaps not PC enough. But there's no point in tagging a word as an "alternative spelling" if UK or US children get marked wrong for using it.--Enginear 20:18, 17 April 2007 (UTC)
One solution I've seen used is (Commonwealth). --EncycloPetey 15:36, 20 April 2007 (UTC)