Is it wise to put an abbreviation like DS9 in here?? Is this going to be relevant even 10 years from now?
I think it would widen the definition by adding "or condition" after "shape"
Earliest Usenet uses via Google Groups
- morph (verb): net.games.rogue - Sep 15 1982, 11:51 pm by mork-cb
- A staff of polymorph can help too if you morph him into something "easy".
- morphs (noun, which sense?): net.books - Mar 4 1985, 4:59 pm by Bob "Kat" Kaplan
- She offers an excuse for this, but in a book that deals with unusual words, it's nice to know the meaning of individual morphs.
- morph (noun, which sense?): net.rec.birds - Jan 13 1986, 8:41 pm by Richard Snell
- 1. A squirrel which is a black morph individual of the species commonly known as grey squirrel (Sciurus carolinensis)
- morphs (noun): net.sources.games - Jan 8 1987, 3:49 pm by Tom Anderson
- Second, the pawn is rotated through the set of legal pawn morphs for every left mouse button click (the legal pawn morphs are queen, bishop, knight, and rook).
- morphed: comp.sys.amiga - Aug 13 1987, 10:25 am by Rob Peck
- ... of a size equal to that which would cover the outermost boundaries of the old-version vs the new version of the object that has morphed.
- 'morphing: rec.games.hack - Jan 10 1990, 12:37 am by David Hairston
- you make it seem like 'morphing turns garbage into mostly other garbage but in fact it turns garbage into very advantageous goodies (too easily).
- morphs (verb): alt.mud - Feb 25 1990, 4:44 pm by Edwin Huang
- Myrthful morphs into a horrible, slavering incarnation of horror and grips Julia with at least 20 claw-tipped tentacles!
- morphing: comp.sys.amiga - Mar 7 1990, 10:43 am by Ken Baer
- Journeyman adds a new level to this motion; morphing.
- morpher: alt.callahans - May 22 1990, 8:10 am by The Silver Dragon: AKA G. Minette
- "One of the side effects of being a dragon morpher no one tells you about."
- morphers: alt.callahans - May 22 1990, 8:10 am by The Silver Dragon: AKA G. Minette
- It is a very stimulating and refreshing beverage to dragon morphers.
— Hippietrail 12:18, 26 Feb 2005 (UTC)