I see that any reference to African American hair is going to be removed, how exactly does one go about proving that a definition is a legit one? 126.96.36.199 15:02, 23 April 2007 (UTC)
- It isn't specific to African American hair, and the definition is already there. Besides, nappy is sometimes used to refer to kinky hair here, and most people here aren't "African Americans" ... ;-) (here = Kenya). Robert Ullmann 15:08, 23 April 2007 (UTC)
- I know that it isn't but here (here=US), it is used to refer to Afro textured hair. I can understand the African Americans part. If it said (US, colloquial) afro textured hair. Or (US, colloquial) occasionally disparaging reference to afro textured hair common of people of African diaspora. Something like that? It is a issue over here in the US beacuse of w:Don Imus. (oh and BTW, there is a w:Natural hair article. 188.8.131.52 15:17, 23 April 2007 (UTC)
- But the definition is already there - Adjective sense 3. Widsith 15:28, 23 April 2007 (UTC)
- True, but the term can be more specific than that. It can be used vaguely or specificly. Saying that it is already covered is like saying bird of prey doesn't need 'especially one that preys on vertebrates.' It already says 'A carnivorous bird', but the term can be more specific. (sorry random example, just trying to find one quickly) 184.108.40.206 15:52, 23 April 2007 (UTC)
The following information has failed Wiktionary's verification process.
Failure to be verified may either mean that this information is fabricated, or is merely beyond our resources to confirm. We have archived here the disputed information, the verification discussion, and any documentation gathered so far, pending further evidence.
Do not re-add this information to the article without also submitting proof that it meets Wiktionary's criteria for inclusion. See also Wiktionary:Previously deleted entries.
Noun 2: a horse refusing to obey its rider; and Adj 3: somewhat sleepy. Widsith 14:06, 23 April 2007 (UTC)
The OED has the following -
- n - ale, beer
- n - dish with sloping sides
- n - absorbent towelling etc
- a - (of beer) having a head => intoxicated
- a - (of cloth) having a nap, (of hair, esp of a black person) frizzy
- a - (of a horse) awkward, disobedient
SemperBlotto 15:56, 23 April 2007 (UTC)
Template "UK|NZ|except Canada"
Gee, I didnt know Canada was in New Zealand. I dont want just to remove this, since it probably was added for a reason. Was there once a time when "except Canada" would expand into somehting like "All of the commonwealth except Canada" instead of just being copied literally? Soap (talk) 15:04, 26 September 2012 (UTC)