Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
The following information has failed Wiktionary's deletion process.
It should not be re-entered without careful consideration.
- To be more shocking, annoying, etc.
- To sell better than something else.
Both redundant to:
- To do, perform better than other person(s), place(s) or thing.
- The senses would be redundant to a better wording of the definition. Outdo need not lead to a "better" result. One can outdo someone or something in a negative way. See the sense I have inserted. Also the definitions given (none of them) are not suitable for a transitive verb. DCDuring TALK 01:11, 10 February 2010 (UTC)
- The sense added is: (transitive) To go beyond in performance; to surpass.
- I have put an rfd-redundant tag on the "do better" sense. DCDuring TALK 01:17, 10 February 2010 (UTC)
Yeah, delete all except DCDuring's new sense.—msh210℠ 15:42, 10 February 2010 (UTC)