The following information passed a request for deletion.
This discussion is no longer live and is left here as an archive. Please do not modify this conversation, but feel free to discuss its conclusions.
- "a form of audio storytelling", that's a really bad definition. Anyway, delete. Mglovesfun (talk) 09:19, 16 December 2010 (UTC)
- Keep: It's an art form (genre) and not limited to radio. --Wiki-Updater 2.0 09:26, 16 December 2010 (UTC)
- Keep; there are a number of hits on radio drama and podcast on Google Books, and I've added one to the entry about a new creation with no implication of being destined for Internet radio.--Prosfilaes 21:03, 16 December 2010 (UTC)
- As the entry stands now, only the 2005 quote illustrates non-NISoP usage. IOW, the portion of the definition required to warrant keeping the entry has not yet been sufficiently attested. I think it needs to be made for a medium other than radio in its original airing to make the case clearly. "Podcasting" would seem to provide a good collocation for finding such cites. DCDuring TALK 21:56, 16 December 2010 (UTC)
- Fine, I added two cites from Usenet, including the succinct "Radio dramas in America are online."--Prosfilaes 07:00, 16 January 2011 (UTC)
Please compare this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Talk:Audio_theatre and this: http://dict.leo.org/forum/viewUnsolvedquery.php?idThread=163112&idForum=1&lp=ende&lang=de and this idea of the German one Wiki-Uploader: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Audio_theatre I would say an entry to radio drama should be made better. But I am a German also. with friendly greeting and Happy Christmas, Sönke --Soenke Rahn 01:49, 22 December 2010 (UTC) here another dictionary entry, which will indicate that a radio drama is a audio drama which was aired in the radio. compare the TV button which was forgotten on the word radio play. (That the button was forgotten is clear to see, because the writters will not place useless this button on radio drama.) --Soenke Rahn 22:58, 22 December 2010 (UTC)
- Keep per WikiUpdater PBP89 01:43, 1 January 2011 (UTC)
- Keep: Of cause a radio drama is an audio drama and vice versa. Please look up "Synonyms". --184.108.40.206 02:00, 24 December 2010 (UTC)
- A synonym means not that a word means to 100% the same, it could be that a word is to 60% the same. Sorry, so simple is the thing not. --Soenke Rahn 12:45, 24 December 2010 (UTC)
- wouldn't you lose the translations if you delete this? They appear to be single words. 220.127.116.11 08:15, 24 December 2010 (UTC)
- I would also against the delete. But I suppose that there are a lot of questions to this entry, which should be named on the discussion page (of the lexem) and possibly the problem will solved, possibly later. But I must say that I am not a native speaker. --Soenke Rahn 12:45, 24 December 2010 (UTC)
kept -- Prince Kassad 07:47, 4 February 2011 (UTC)