Hello, if I believe the example given on this page, starigi should be stariĝi (with circumflex accent on "g"). Could you check this issue? Pamputt 00:21, 9 October 2010 (UTC)
- In Esperanto, it’s important to understand the difference between igi (“to cause something to be”) and iĝi (“to become”).
- star·i (“to stand (be standing)”) is intransitive.
- star·ig·i (“to stand up (put something else in a vertical position)”) is transitive.
- star·iĝ·i (“to stand up (put oneself in a vertical position)”) is intransitive.
- I’ll add the -iĝi form, too. Hope that clears things up. — Robin 00:49, 9 October 2010 (UTC)
- Ok, thanks for explanations. Pamputt 00:52, 9 October 2010 (UTC)