|Search user languages or scripts|
Notwithstanding their influence, we apprehend, however, that dictionary-makers are on the whole an oppressed race, doomed to more than their due share of obscure drudgery. […] They may have had their romance at home — may have been crossed in love, and thence driven to dictionarying; may have been involved in domestic tragedies — who can say?
Hi. I've been on Wiktionary since mid-2008. My main interest is adding (legitimate) English words that we are missing. I seem to have done rather a lot of this. In particular, I have added missing material from Webster's 1913 dictionary (which has about 80,000 entries); created thousands of entries from lists of scientific terms, such as minerals, soil types, organic compounds, and pharmaceutical drugs; originated Appendix:Unicode; and added various words that I encounter in books, newspapers, and everyday life.
- Things I like: super-specialised senses of otherwise ordinary words (as in e.g. computing or birdwatching); proper tagging of slang and rare senses; and words beginning with x.
- Things I hate: blind prescriptivism; made-up phobias; folk etymologies; people with the "agenda" (Islam, Anglo-Saxonism, gender studies, etc., to the exclusion of actual real-world usage); and especially spam and commercial bullshit.
- Things I know about (to varying degrees): computer science, linguistics, alternative music of 1980s-1990s (Goth, synthpop, rave, techno, etc.), the demoscene, Victorian and Gothic literature, science fiction, film noir, suicide and methods, how to milk a reindeer.
I don't know why I bother but I sometimes waste my time fixing people's idiot grammar and moron commas over on Wikipedia. They need a slap. TRIGGER WARNING!
Individual words to consider
- conjuncturalism countersupport (n. and vb.)
- draw stitch
- eumycotic (= eumycetomic?)
- gadso, odso, rivo*, toho*: old or obscure interjections
- illeity, isidate
- megamodel (not fashion) microplane multitones
- skeletoid spirilloid
- IRC jargon: AOP*, SOP*
Other places to get words
- Wiktionary:Requested entries (English)
- Wiktionary:List of languages (language names)
- Glossary of classical algebraic geometry (todo: I thru W)
- Glossary of botanical terms
- Glossary of contract bridge terms (continue from book)
- Glossary of professional wrestling terms
- List of diseases
- List of optical illusions
- List of cocktails
- List of MeSH codes: links to thousands of scientific words
- Morphology of Diptera: many parts of fly anatomy (see labelled diagrams)
- Singlish: all that lah, lor, leh business
- South African English:  (copyrighted)
- Many organic compounds in Cystophora retroflexa: 
- Missing words from major dictionaries
- Missing words used in Wiktionary
- Get a random transwiki word or phrase (learn more)
- Terms in wine-tasting:  (copyrighted)
- Some good anatomical terms here:  (copyrighted)