|Search user languages or scripts|
Hi. I've been on Wiktionary since mid-2008. My main interest is adding English words that we are missing (but ones that are extant and attestable). I seem to have done rather a lot of this. In particular, I have added missing material from Webster's 1913 dictionary (which has about 80,000 entries); created thousands of entries from lists of scientific terms, such as minerals, soil types, organic compounds, and pharmaceutical drugs; originated Appendix:Unicode; and added various words that I encounter in books, newspapers, and everyday life.
I used to be a computer programmer. Currently, I'm studying linguistics at my local university.
Individual words to consider
- acrokeratoderma allodapic anteriomedian antialignment antiantibody antically anticarbohydrate antiflag antiformal (not what you think) antikeratin antimullerian antinominalism antiprogram antiperinuclear antistable antiStokes antistructure antistuffing antitypic
- basosquamous bilete*
- catchstitch circumpolloid circumsaccate columellate conjuncturalism couching stitch countersupport (n. and vb.)
- digitonide dorsoposterior draw stitch dryline (-ed, -ing)
- edgestitch elastoplastic endobyssate eumycotic extrascapulars
- fell stitch flatsawn
- macroboring mammoni* megamodel (not fashion) metallocluster metamodelization metatrope metatypical microbipolar microboring microinstrument microreplicate microreplication monolete multitones
- paleohorizontal paracompactifying peds* (feet, see Usenet) polyparies postganglionary profichi protibial pseudophyllidean pseudostyle
- revisioning rugulate
- sclerotis sideshadowing skeletoid stabstitch staystitch subbrachians submixing
- tecnomorph tectals tectophase teninucellate thermogradient
Other places to get words
- Wiktionary:Requested entries (English)
- Wiktionary:List of languages (language names)
- Glossary of classical algebraic geometry (todo: CDE + I thru W)
- Glossary of botanical terms
- Glossary of contract bridge terms
- Glossary of professional wrestling terms
- List of diseases
- List of optical illusions
- List of cocktails
- List of MeSH codes: links to thousands of scientific words
- Morphology of Diptera: many parts of fly anatomy (see labelled diagrams)
- Missing words from major dictionaries
- Missing words used in Wiktionary
- Get a random transwiki word or phrase (learn more)
- Terms in wine-tasting:  (copyrighted)
- Some good anatomical terms here:  (copyrighted)
- When will we have a half-decent search facility? I would be happy with one that supports basic wildcards, but I would prefer something amazing that lets us write queries: "what's the longest word ending in phobia?"; "how many words beginning with b are words in both English and French?".
- Should we copy the OED and list common collocations that are obvious sums of parts (and would thus typically fail WT:RFD), in a way that is literally just a list without definitions (which is how the OED does it)?
- What is the longest alphabetical run of entries created by me? For example, there's demosaic-demoscene-demosponge-demospongian-demoss (with the various inflections). It would be fun to find a better one without all the tedious data dump analysis.