Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
|Search user languages or scripts|
- My requested entries
- Menial tasks
- List of Finnish Dictionaries
- Quoting, attesting, referencing, and other research
- User:Heyzeuss/Parsing Wiktionary
- User:Heyzeuss/Under the hood
Finnish language learning references and exercises
- Uusi kielemme - Finnish for busy people by Inge Holsteyn - A thorough reference on word morphology and sentence structure. This is the first place that I go when I need something grammatical explained (which is all the time).
- Tavataan taas! at the University of Helsinki Language Centre. Good audio exercises.
- Finnish Grammar by Kimberli Mäkäräinen - See the section on consonant gradation and the diabolical K.
- Finnish grammar by Paunu Mäkinen of Yväskylä University - A short, informative presentation. It has a good section on adverbial stems.
- Kaarlo Voionmaan Suomen kielen harjoituksia - Exercises in Finnish
- National Board of Education - Online Course in Finnish
- YLE - Selko Uutiset - The News in Plain Finnish
- The Finnish Language by Jukka K. Korpela
- Learn Finnish with Sulkasiipi
- Joni Kärki: Finnish Language Lessons - Facebook - Flickr - Wikipedia
- Kotus Grammar - Finnish Grammar in Finnish
- Wikipedia - Finnish Language and Finnish Grammar
- Wikipedia - Ural-Altaic languages - My Hungarian friend has insisted that Mongolian is related to the Uralic languages. The hypothesis is a good one, but not within consensus anymore. On a related note, I used to think that Nokia was a Japanese company. Finnish words sound a lot like Japanese words. The consonants are similar and there are few fricatives. The syllabic rhythm is quite similar.
- Wiktionary - Requested Entries - A good place for analyzing Finnish words that are not in the dictionary.
- Wiktionary - Heyzeuss - Partitive verb case governance - some words that i'm learning right now.
- Wikibooks - Finnish Language for Foreigners - Object Case - Learning to properly utilize Finnish object case will take my whole life.