- Should topic flattening happening in non-English categories?
- Currently implemented to flatten in the same cases as
- How should the zh/zh-cn/zh-tw situation be handled?
- Introduce a parent lang lookup mechanism; seems like too much work for the few cases this happens in
- Hard-code exceptions for known cases? Would be localized to Template:topic cat parents
- What should be done about the fact that lang=zh produces "Mandarin", but the lang=zh categories are really "Chinese" supercategories, not Mandarin?
- Redirect Template:nav to Template:topic cat
- Collect data about all existing parent/child topic relationships and populate subpages of Template:topic cat parents
- Replace uses of Template:catboiler
- Use a bot to go through all uses of Template:nav and remove redundant langname and parent parameters
- Possibly change
- Find uses of "description" parameter and create subpages or redirects under Template:topic cat description
- Find remaining awkward descriptions and add subpages or redirects under Template:topic cat description
- Find existing topic categories that are not using any of the topic category templates based on the full parent tree and a search of all the language-prefixed categories and add