Jump to navigation Jump to search
Hi Atelaes, could you please use a proper endash for the spacer, i.e. change
var spacer = ' - '
var spacer = ' – '
A couple oddities about this:
- If a language name includes another language name at the beginning, and the shorter language name is added to the input field, then both language translations will show up in the translations header.
- If a single letter is placed in the field, all languages beginning with that letter will show up in the header (I have no idea if this is supposed to be a bug or a feature :)
- If you enter a blank field and then go to water, your computer will expode! :)
- If one enters "Hebrew" into the field, subsections of Aramaic denoting that it is written in the Hebrew script will show up in the header.
- Ok, I think I've fixed all of these. Try refreshing your cache and let me know how it goes. However, after doing so, I realize there are still a few bugs left. If you have Greek in your list, and look at water, it gives you a pretty worthless result, because Greek is solely a super-heading, with no actual content (the content is in its subheading under "Modern"). Anyone who inputs 'Aramaic' will also likely be inundated with worthless results, as 'Aramaic' is also, more often than not, a content-less heading, with its subheadings containing the actual translations. Same goes for Chinese. As it stands, the script doesn't look at parent elements when the node in question is a dd, though it probably should. This will be a more intensive recoding, and so will have to wait. -Atelaes λάλει ἐμοί 02:24, 23 June 2010 (UTC)