Hello, and welcome to Wiktionary. Here are a few good links for newcomers:
- How to edit a page is a concise list of technical guidelines to the wiki format we use here: how to, for example, make text boldfaced or make a hyperlink. The Wiktionary tutorial is a more wordy, multi-page document that helps you through those same formatting issues, and also touches on a couple of other issues relevant to editing.
- The document What Wiktionary is not may be of interest. In particular, if you've edited Wikipedia in the past, you should note that Wiktionary is not an encyclopedia and does not have Wikipedia-style page titles.
- There is a technical guide to how to start a new page. But you'll also want to look at our guidelines for how to format an entry (what goes where) and our criteria for inclusion (what can be included), which are our two main policy documents. (You can get a feel for how to format an entry by looking at existing entries.)
- The sandbox is a safe place for testing markup.
- The FAQ has, of course, some frequently (and some infrequently) asked questions, and their answers.
I hope you enjoy editing here! By the way, you can sign your comments on talk (discussion) pages using four tildes, like this:
~~~~, which automatically produces your name (or IP number if you're not signed in) and the current date and time. If you have any questions, then see the help pages, add a question to one of the discussion rooms or ask me on my talk page.
The entry you created at earthenglass seems to have been a protologism and has been deleted. If you are sure that it is a real word, please provide evidence of this word being used in durably archived media (mainly printed books, and usenet groups) as required by our inclusion criteria. For a term to be included, it must be used by at least three different authors, spaced in time by at least three years, and the authors must not merely be explaining the word's meaning. If you can find any such quotations, please add them to Citations:earthenglass.—msh210℠ 18:10, 9 September 2009 (UTC)