Hello, and welcome to Wiktionary. Thank you for your contributions. I hope you like the place and decide to stay. Here are a few good links for newcomers:
- Wiktionary Tutorial
- How to edit a page
- How to start a page
- Our format guidelines (nicknamed "ELE")
- Criteria for inclusion (nicknamed "CFI")
- Wiktionary Sandbox (a safe place for testing syntax)
- What Wiktionary is not
I hope you enjoy editing here and being a Wiktionarian! By the way, you can sign your name on Talk (discussion) and vote pages using four tildes, like this: ~~~~, which automatically produces your name and the current date. If you have any questions, see the help pages, add a question to one of the discussion rooms or ask me on my Talk page. Again, welcome!
Your old talk page and user page
...have been deleted, as we have no need for attack pages on Wiktionary. If you would like to contribute positively, we're glad to have you. However, if the reason for your existence here is to attack Conrad, you will very quickly find yourself blocked. -Atelaes λάλει ἐμοί 19:35, 30 May 2008 (UTC)
My Dearest Atelaes,
I am deeply sorry for the trouble my notion caused you and Conrad. I had no idea it would be so much trouble. I was simpley expressing my frustration about having mine and my friends words that we thought long and hard about erased in not even 3 minutes. It infurieated me, and I couldn't help myself of over reacting. Again I say I am sorry from the bottom of my heart and do hope you forgive me. And if you would be so kind as to leave me a comment back letting me know you got this apology, that would be great. —This unsigned comment was added by PapaSmerf (talk • contribs) at 19:46, 30 May 2008.
- Well, seeing as the userpage and talk page have been deleted and you didn't harass him on his talk page, I'd say it's kind of a no harm, no foul kind of thing. However, a couple of things to note. First, had you left some nasty little comment on his talk page, you would have certainly been blocked, probably forever. Secondly, your By Canada thing is not the sort of entry we're looking for on Wiktionary, and generally the first admin who sees such an entry will be the one to delete it. But, as I said earlier, if you'd like to positively contribute, we're glad to have you. I've never been very good at holding grudges, so I'd say everything is water under the bridge. Happy editing. -Atelaes λάλει ἐμοί 00:57, 31 May 2008 (UTC)
Re: Me Too
Thanks, Papa Smerf! By the way, you forgot to add four tildes (a tilde looks like this: ~) to the end of your message, which is necessary when leaving a message. Either way, it was nice of you to say hi!Kitty53 01:08, 31 May 2008 (UTC)
Gozer, het is al 4 uur lang 31 mei! Mallerd 02:06, 31 May 2008 (UTC)
We will have to come up with something else. As of now, Diabliterate is still up and running.Netrunner 09:36, 30 May 2008 (UTC)
- Not any more it's not. Please guys, Wiktionary is not the place for protologisms. -Atelaes λάλει ἐμοί 04:44, 31 May 2008 (UTC)
Creating / editing user pages for other users is considered very bad etiquette everywhere on Mediwiki. --EncycloPetey 02:28, 3 June 2008 (UTC)
- Yes, it is bad etiquette. Even editing user pages of friends is considered bad etiquette. If he doesn't mind you editing the user page, then he should state so on his or your talk page so that this permission can be verified. You ought also to mention the location of the permission in the edit comment each time you make an edit with such permission. --EncycloPetey 02:43, 3 June 2008 (UTC)
You will pay for the destruction of my business and the death of my cat. Why did you put poor Snuggles in the blender? Anyways, you need to pay me back with $100,000 worth of toilet paper. And a coffin for Snuggles(or what is left).
Have you checked out smush. Lots of people are adding to it.Netrunner 03:29, 3 June 2008 (UTC)