Wiktionary:Requested entries (Norwegian)
Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
Have an entry request? Add it to the list. - But please:
- Think twice before adding long lists of words as they may be ignored.
- If possible provide context, usage, field of relevance, etc.
Please remove entries from this list once they have been written (i.e. the link is “live”, shown in blue, and has a section for the correct language)
There are a few things you can do to help:
- Add glosses or brief definitions.
- Add the part of speech, preferably using a standardized template.
- If you know what a word means, consider creating the entry yourself instead of using this request page.
- Please indicate the gender(s) .
- If you see inflected forms (plurals, past tenses, superlatives, etc) indicate the base form (singular, infinitive, absolute, etc) of the requested term and the type of inflection used in the request.
- Don’t delete words just because you don’t know them — it may be that they are used only in certain contexts or are archaic or obsolete.
- Don’t simply replace words with what you believe is the correct form. The form here may be rare or regional. Instead add the standard form and comment that the requested form seems to be an error in your experience.
- Bergoust, Bergaust - this is my last name. I live in Montana.
- bygda - definite singular of bygd
- bygder - plural of bygd (currently has a Swedish entry, but no Norwegian entry)
- barnets - form of barn
- feltrasjon = field ration?
- fjortiser (a disparaging slang term for young teenage girls) — See this snippet (which I have already copied to Citations:fourteeny).
- linnorm dragon? we have the English descendent, but not the Norwegian original
- livstegn means signs of life in Norwegian.
- ly means shelter in Norwegian.
- nullpunkt: I don't know how to write an article correctly for the moment (but I will learn step by step soon). Please look for "nullpunkt" (this means for example "zero degree Celsius") at http://www.dokpro.uio.no/perl/ordboksoek/ordbok.cgi?OPP=Nullpunkt&begge=S%3Fk+i+begge+ordb%3Fkene&ordbok=bokmaal&alfabet=n&renset=j (Søk i Bokmåls- og Nynorskordboka) & the different grammatical forms of the word for bokmål and nynorsk at http://www.dokpro.uio.no/perl/ordboksoek/ordbok.cgi?OPP=Punkt&begge=S%3Fk+i+begge+ordb%3Fkene&ordbok=bokmaal&alfabet=n&renset=j
- overspisingslidelse (“binge eating disorder”)
- pasta (has entries for other languages but not for Norwegian)
- pastaen definite form of pasta
- pling i bollen
- raspeball: see Raspeball (which lists various synonyms too)
- rosewooden [blue-linked because of an English entry], as in this use:
- sage (n. saga?)
- skolebrød, skolebolle: "school bun"? a sweet roll with custard, icing, grated coconut; see Wikipedia.
- smørbrød (n.) sandwich, sandwiches
- smørbrødene (n.) the sandwiches, definite plural of smørbrød
- smørbrødet (n.) the sandwich, definite form of smørbrød
- spelle (v. to play) Is this just a misspelling or variant of spille?
- Template:spelemann - a kind of folk musician
- spellemann (n. musician)
- svinne (v. to dwindle, to fade out)
- tvert om (on the contrary)
- vegetarianer - entry for Swedish, but not for Norwegian yet
- vegetarianeren - definite form of vegetarianer