Wiktionary:Webster's Dictionary, 1913
Webster’s New International Dictionary of the English Language, 1909, is a public domain dictionary, as is also the revised 1913 edition. These dictionaries can be used to empower Wiktionary with more definitions.
They use a first-level title (i.e., ==Pronunciation==).
Intransitive and transitive
There are two different lists of abbreviations depending on the type.
- Wiktionary:Abbreviated Authorities in Webster lists abbreviations of literary works and authors (e.g. "Hawthorne" = "Nathaniel Hawthorne").
- Wiktionary:Abbreviations in Webster lists abbreviations of grammatical terms (e.g. "p. p." = "past particple").
- Wiktionary:Webster 1913
- Wiktionary:Entry layout
- Wiktionary:Community Portal
- Webster's Dictionary on Wikipedia.en.Wikipedia:Webster's Dictionary
- Noah Webster on Wikipedia.en.Wikipedia:Noah Webster
- Project Gutenberg: The Gutenberg Webster's Unabridged Dictionary, #673, in eBook format.
- Project Gutenberg: Webster's Unabridged Dictionary, #29675, plain text
- ARTFL Project: 1913 Webster's Revised Unabridged Dictionary, a searchable mirror of one of the Gutenberg files, showing one web page per dictionary entry, used in
- Hyperdictionary, a site that shows search results in several dictionaries, including Webster 1913