Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (dated, chiefly Ireland) by God
- 1848, William Makepeace Thackeray, Vanity Fair:
- Lady O'Dowd is also so attached to it that, she says, if anything were to happen to Mick, bedad she'd come back and marry some of 'em.
- 1867, Anthony Trollope, Phineas Finn:
- But as for the party, bedad, it's rotten to the core, and won't stand another session.
- 1875, Mark Twain (Samuel Clemens), Sketches New and Old:
- "Ah, bedad, ye can finish it yourself--it's too expansive for me!"