- (transitive) To gladden about or all over; make glad; overjoy.
2005, Gregory Claeys, Owenite Socialism: 1832-1837:
- Such a hope would begladden the heart of the most insipid.
2008, Richard F. Burton, Arabian Nights:
- So acquaint me with the facts of the case for naught shall befal thee save that which shall begladden thee; and, when thou shalt have spoken sooth, fear not harm shall betide thee.
- 2012, The Footladder of Notes Divine - Book 3 (2002) - Clover, storage.cloversites.com/.../The%20Footladder%20-%20Book%203%20(2002)%20PDF_2.pdf:
- Ruler of night and day begladdens thee with songs of rapture enclosed