Jump to navigation Jump to search
bestep (third-person singular simple present besteps, present participle bestepping, simple past bestepped or (dated) bestept or (obsolete) bestope, past participle bestepped or (dated) bestept or (obsolete) bestopen)
- (transitive) To step on; step over, tread upon.
- 1966, State University of New York College at Fredonia. Dept. of English-Speech, Drama and theatre:
- And also it is using non-necessary spiritual attentions, because we see the dog in the way and we say "excuse me," and we notify a piddle in the street and we are worried not to bestep it.
- (intransitive) To step; take steps; walk; go.
- 1919, Daniel Leavens Cady, Rhymes of Vermont rural life:
- One wintry day up drove the stage And out bestepped Miss Nancy Page, [...]