Jump to navigation Jump to search
See also: bómull
From Low German bomwulle, compound of bom (“tree”) and ull (“wool”), due to the similarity the fibers bear to wool. Cognate to German Baumwolle, Danish bomuld, Icelandic bómull.
bomull m or f (definite singular bomullen or bomulla)
From Low German bomwulle, compound of bom, "tree", and ull, "wool", thus literally meaning "tree wool", due to the plant fibers' similarity to wool. Compare German Baumwolle.
bomull f (definite singular bomulla)
bomull c (uncountable)
- cotton (plant)
- the textile made from the fiber harvested from the cotton plant
|Declension of bomull|
- bomull in Svensk ordbok.
- Norwegian Bokmål lemmas
- Norwegian Bokmål nouns
- Norwegian Bokmål masculine nouns
- Norwegian Bokmål feminine nouns
- Norwegian Bokmål nouns with multiple genders
- Norwegian Nynorsk lemmas
- Norwegian Nynorsk nouns
- Norwegian Nynorsk feminine nouns
- Swedish terms with audio links
- Swedish lemmas
- Swedish nouns
- Swedish common-gender nouns
- Swedish uncountable nouns