Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- (obsolete or nonstandard) simple past tense and past participle of
1812, John Pinkerton, A General Collection of the Best and Most Interesting Voyages and Travels:
- Their fleſh is red, and they are catched with great hooks made faſt to pieces of wire.
- 1867: Clarence M. Leumane, the Lambton Worm song
- One Sunda morn young Lambton went
- A-fishing in the Wear;
- An' catched a fish upon he's heuk
- He thowt leuk't vary queer
- 1884: Mark Twain, The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn, Chapter VIII
- I catched a catfish and haggled him open with my saw, and towards sundown I started my camp fire and had supper. Then I set out a line to catch some fish for breakfast.