- Generally used with the genitive plural when referring to human beings; also sometimes used with other nouns, especially if the things they denote are being personified.
Declension of ceathrar
Forms with the definite article:
|Note: Some of these forms may be hypothetical. Not every
possible mutated form of every word actually occurs.
- Only used about persons (cf numerical noun).
- Following noun is in the genitive:
- ceathrar bhalach - four boys
- Alternatively, de and the dative are used:
- ceathrar de bhalaich - four boys
- Prepositional pronouns used are those formed from de and aig
- an ceathrar dhiubh / aca - the four of them
- Also used on its own:
- Bha ceathrar ann. - There were four.