Jump to navigation Jump to search
- plural of
- 1830, Richard Dolby, The Cook's Dictionary and House-keeper's Directory: A New Family Manual of Cookery and Confectionery, on a Plan of Ready Reference, Never Hitherto Attempted, page 487:
- Make a marinade with melted butter, mushrooms, shalots, half a clove of garlic, pepper and salt, and let the cutlets simmer in this for an hour ; ...
- 1922, The Bride's Cookery Primer, Good Housekeeping, volume 74, page 66:
- Broiling is but another way of roasting those cuts of meat which have a broad, flat surface such as steaks, chops, or cutlets.
- 1994, Leonard Jacobs, Cooking with Seitan: The Complete Vegetarian "wheat-meat" Cookbook, Penguin →ISBN, page 28
- Pan-simmer baked seitan cutlets in Basic Broth (page 20) or other seasoned stock for 15 minutes.