- (obsolete, transitive) To make ready to fight; to arm oneself for combat.
- (obsolete, transitive) To fight out; to contest; to decide by combat.
- 2001, Scott Lynch-Giddings, A Fancyfull Historie of that Most Notable & Fameous Outlaw Robyn Hood, San Jose, Calif.: Writers Club Press, →ISBN, page 108:
- Now everything I had or sought, I've lost; / Upon a glimpse, I am disparadised. / So: go defiant to the nether world, / And darreign[sic] Lucifer's dread minions to / Worse torment than thou wouldst do thyself.
Not to be confused with darrein.
- Genitive plural form of darra.