- (US, transitive) To remove some or all fiber from.
1965, Forest Products Research Institute, Technical Note - Forest Products Research Institute:
- The samples are defibered according to the kind of paper to be analyzed.
1974, Edgar L. Spruill, Color removal and sludge disposal process for kraft mill:
- The most common type of material has been woody fragments which have been cut into granules (rather than defibered) by pulp refiners.
- The paper is defibered in a stock slusher having a movable defibering or slushing element, while infeeding water.
- Processed, defibered products have taken their place.