de- + ghettoize
deghettoize (third-person singular simple present deghettoizes, present participle deghettoizing, simple past and past participle deghettoized)
- (transitive) To remove from a ghetto and integrate into the mainstream.
- 1989, Jacob Rader Marcus, United States Jewry, 1776-1985, Volumes 1-2
- Wherever they turned there were agencies that moved to deghettoize them, secularize them, enlighten them.
- 2000, Laura Gray-Rosendale, Rethinking basic writing
- It is not enough to suggest that our theoretical analyses are working in the service of calling attention to these students' marginalized positions or deghettoizing them.