die away (third-person singular simple present dies away, present participle dying away, simple past and past participle died away)
- (intransitive) To die gradually or slowly.
- (intransitive) To diminish; to cease gradually.
- (rare, obsolete, transitive) To cause to die; to do away with.
- 1748, Samuel Richardson, Clarissa, VII.45:
- By little and little, in such a gradual sensible death […] God dies away in us, as I may say, all human satisfactions, in order to subdue his poor creatures to Himself.