Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (humorous, colloquial) Exclamation of surprise or pleasure, supposedly part of a Northern English dialect.
- 1985, Keith Waterhouse, Waterhouse At Large.:
- […] its bellowing cry of Ecky thump! sounded much friendlier than […]
- The Guardian, Sunday June 10 2007, Kitty Empire
- The latest Stripes album title, a play on the Lancastrian exclamation Ecky thump! is, in part, a gasp of surprise...
- 2001, Cyril Morris, Morgi, page 122:
- Ecky thump! I've never tasted anything as good.