Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- (colloquial, Northern England, dialectal) Exclamation of surprise or pleasure.
2001, Cyril Morris, Morgi, page 122:
- Ecky thump! I've never tasted anything as good.
- 1985, Keith Waterhouse, Waterhouse At Large.
- ... its bellowing cry of Ecky thump! sounded much friendlier than...
- The Guardian, Sunday June 10 2007, Kitty Empire
- The latest Stripes album title, a play on the Lancastrian exclamation Ecky thump! is, in part, a gasp of surprise...