Jump to navigation Jump to search
- A cry of impassioned rapture in ancient Bacchic revels.
- 1909, Richard Edwin Day, New poems:
- Shall the warriors of Thebes be dumb? " Euoi ! Euoi ! Hail Bacchus ! " They dance to the pipe and drum.
- 1983, George Hitchcock, Kayak:
- Euoi ! Curving vines, delicate tendrils from sinews and tendons. Euoi! Candle flames and sweet smoke sting, swarm with the sound of bees...
- 2001, Ralph Ellis, K2: Quest of the Gods:
- The Bacchic cry of Euoi is not too dissimilar to Jesus' penultimate cry, while on the cross, of Eloi, Eloi.
- 2003, Matthew Dillon, Girls and women in classical Greek religion
- ...sexually aroused by them but never successful in their urge to debauch them. The maenads, Diodoros continues, cry out 'euoi'...