Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Eye dialect spelling of forget.
- 1895, James Whitcomb Riley, Pipes O'Pan at Zekesbury:
- I never seed sich a' out-an'-out onry-lookin' chap, and I'll never fergit the first time I set eyes on him.
- 1907, George Barr McCutcheon, The Daughter of Anderson Crow:
- Doggone it, I'll never fergit that feller who got my pockit-book out to Central Park that time.
- 1908, R. Henry Mainer, Nancy McVeigh of the Monk Road:
- I could not fergit the sting of the words he had spoken to me.