Jump to navigation Jump to search
Borrowed from a Germanic language, presumably Gothic, representing Proto-Germanic *grimmiþō.
grinta f (plural grinte)
- (literary or rare) frowning facial expression
- Synonym: grugno
- determination, grit
- Synonyms: aggressività, decisione, determinazione, risolutezza, vigore, carattere
- 1893, Emma Perodi, “Lo stemma sanguinoso”, in Le novelle della nonna:
- Anche se non portasse il suo misfatto scritto in petto, la grinta lo denunzierebbe per traditore.
- Even if he did not have his misdeed written on his chest, his determination would denounce him as a traitor.
- ^ Meyer, Gustav (1891), “131”, in Etymologisches Wörterbuch der albanesischen Sprache (in German), Strasbourg: Karl J. Trübner
- Italian terms derived from Proto-Germanic
- Italian 2-syllable words
- Italian terms with IPA pronunciation
- Rhymes:Italian/inta/2 syllables
- Italian lemmas
- Italian nouns
- Italian countable nouns
- Italian feminine nouns
- Italian literary terms
- Italian terms with rare senses
- Italian terms with quotations
- it:Facial expressions