Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- plural of
1866, James Greenwood, The true history of a little ragamuffin, page 68:
- "Give us hold of the three ha'pence. Cut away with you, and if you are gone as long as a minute, see what you'll catch." "Give him the three-ha'pence and cut away !"
- 2010 July 22, George Monbiot, The Guardian, George Monbiot's Blog,How scrapping the SDC to save money will cost the taxpayer a fortune
- Junking it is the definitive false economy: spoiling the ship for a ha' pence of tar.
- Marriott Edgar, [http//:http://monologues.co.uk/3Hapence.shtml Three Ha'pence A Foot]
- Now Maple were Sam's Monopoly;
- That means it were all 'is to cut,
- And nobody else 'adn't got none;
- So 'e asked Noah three ha'pence a foot.