have someone going
Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- Used other than as an idiom: See have, go.
- She had him going around in circles.
- Grandpa had Johnny going shopping for him.
- (colloquial) To temporarily convince someone of a falsehood.
- You had me going for a minute there when you said Jimmy Wales had been asking for me.
- (colloquial) To cause someone to be excited, aroused, or upset.
- When he was lying still on the field, he really had me going. I was afraid he was dead.
- For usage examples of this term, see the citations page.