Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (with the horse-hoarse merger)
- (without the horse–hoarse merger)
- plural of
- (slang) Horsepower.
- 1979, Al Greenwood, Lou Gramm, “Rev on the Red Line”, in Head Games:
- I got four hundred horses tucked under the hood.
- 1994, Blood (The X-Files), (Please provide the book title or journal name):
- This is a diagnostic test of your engine. You're supposed to have an output of a hundred and sixty-eight horses at sixty-two hundred R.P.M.s. You're nowhere near that.