Jump to navigation Jump to search
- To eliminate, or make extinct.
- We killed off the Dodo by over-hunting.
- (of writers or producers) To take a character out of a television series by purposefully and deliberately having them killed within the plot.
- The writers are killing off lots of people in the soap opera.
- (figuratively) To put an end to.
- 2011 September 28, Tom Rostance, “Arsenal 2 - 1 Olympiakos”, in BBC Sport:
- Marouane Chamakh then spurned a great chance to kill the game off when he ran onto Andrey Arshavin's lofted through ball but shanked his shot horribly across the face of goal.