- at home, at somebody's place; home (on arrival)
Pekka on kotonaan. / Pekka on kotona.
- Pekka is at his home.
Terve, olen kotona!
- Hello, I'm home!
- Pekka on Paulin kotona.
- Pekka is at Pauli's place.
- Ole kuin kotonasi!
- This word requires a possessive suffix, unless the occupant of the home is referred to with a noun or proper noun (see examples above).
- The possessive suffix is optional when the subject of the sentence is in their own home.
- The possessive suffix is not used in sentences in which "at" is omitted in English.