Jump to navigation Jump to search
Audio (AU) (file)
- To consume by lapping
- The cat's lapping up the milk in its bowl
- (idiomatic) To revel in, to overtly enjoy
- You could see she was pleased, she was lapping up the applause.
- 2011 November 5, Phil Dawkes, “QPR 2 - 3 Man City”, in BBC Sport:
- City have lapped up the plaudits this season for a series of handsome wins but manager Roberto Mancini has demanded that his side also learn to grind out results when they do not play well. He now has an example to point to.