Jump to navigation Jump to search
See also: layback
- (intransitive, proscribed) To lie down on one's back; to lie back.
- (informal, transitive) To relax, such as on vacation.
- (soccer, transitive) To make a short backwards pass to a teammate in an attacking position.
- 2005 November 7, David Lacey, “Sheringham's veteran vision shows up the big problem with West Brom”, in the Guardian:
- The ball ran loose to Sheringham and whereas less experienced players might have tried to score from a difficult angle he laid it back to Benayoun, whose shot was blocked by Curtis Davies.