Jump to navigation Jump to search
- simple past tense of
- I showed him the report.
- (US, sometimes proscribed) past participle of (alternative to shown)
- Recent polling has showed that 40% are in favour of the candidate.
- The report had already been showed to him. (proscribed)
- Garner's Modern American Usage favors shown over showed as past participle and claims it is mandatory for passives. In other forms of English shown is the only correct past participle.
- showed at OneLook Dictionary Search