Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
See also: Shucks
- Rhymes: -ʌks
- (colloquial) Exclamatory response to a minor disappointment.
- Shucks. It's too bad you can't make it to the party.
- (colloquial, sarcastic) Response to a minor pleasure.
- Shucks, I guess we'll have to take all this pie home with us.
- (colloquial) A receding or mock expression of thanks.
- Aw, shucks, ma'am, catching those wild horses was easy.
- plural of
- Third-person singular simple present indicative form of shuck