Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (onomatopoeia, intransitive) To be quiet; to keep quiet.
- He wouldn't shush so I kicked him.
- (onomatopoeia, transitive or intransitive) To ask someone to be quiet, especially by saying shh.
- The boy in front of us was making too much noise, so we shushed him.
- 2017 July 23, Brandon Nowalk, “The great game begins with a bang on Game Of Thrones (newbies)”, in The Onion AV Club:
- The sequence where Sam carves off Jorah’s infected tissue in secret, stopping every few moments to shush his patient, is presented as comic relief why? Jorah reels back into a diagonal close-up whimpering like a dog. Yellow pus oozes to get those good gross-out laughs. Is the substance of this operation funny to anyone on its face?