Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (euphemistic, colloquial) to die.
- That cat must have been twenty years old when he finally snuffed it.
- 1975, Monty Python, Monty Python and the Holy Grail, Python (Monty) Pictures Limited
- Once the number three, being the third number, be reached, then lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch towards thy foe, who, being naughty in my sight, shall snuff it.
- 2003, J.K.Rowling, Harry Potter and the Order of the Pheonix
- "Is it those mad horse things?" said Ron uncertainly, staring at a point slightly to the left of the Thestral Harry was patting. "Those ones you can’t see unless you’ve watched someone snuff it?"
- See also Thesaurus:die