Jump to navigation Jump to search
See also: spit-up
- (transitive and intransitive, especially of children) To regurgitate or vomit.
- The baby spat up her breakfast.
- Don't show the dead bird to him; he'll just spit up.
- 1968, Robert Webster Watson, Why Not Have Your Second Baby First? (page 46)
- Usually baby doesn't need to be burped if (1) he consistently takes his usual amount of formula, gradually increasing his capacity as the weeks go by and (2) if he hasn't spit up when put down unburped after most feedings.
- spit-up (noun)