tap out (third-person singular simple present taps out, present participle tapping out, simple past and past participle tapped out)
- (transitive) To produce (a message, rhythm, or other thing) by tapping.
- (combat sports) To submit to an opponent by tapping one's hand repeatedly either on the arena or the opponent's body.
- (combat sports, transitive) To force (an opponent) to submit.
- He tapped his opponent out in what seemed like ten seconds.
- To deplete, especially of a liquid
- (to submit): tap (by ellipsis)
- (to force to submit): tap (by ellipsis)